- 1 1/4 Cup Gluten free flour
- 2/3 Cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely ground
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 2/3 Cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Organic Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170°C.
To make the cupcakes:
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hazelnuts, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup of the maple syrup,1/3 cup of the coconut oil, vanilla, and 2/3 cup of the Almond milk.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then pour into the muffin tins.
- Bake them until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximatively 15 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
To make the ganache:
- Place the chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds , stirring after each, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of the Almond milk and 2 tbsp of the maple syrup, and then continue stirring for a few minutes until the ganache cools slightly.
- To decorate, pour the ganache over the cakes so that it drips down the sides. top with hazelnuts as desired.