We sometimes tend to ignore the fact that nutrition is one of the key factors that determine beauty. Skin, hair, and nails are a clear indicator of your nutritional status. And their condition is highly dependent on nutrients provided to them by our bodies. So when we do not nourish our bodies with the essential nutrients then our bodies will begin to dismiss the skin, hair, and nails to prioritize the nourishment of vital organs.
So what are the foods that are considered as the “beauty foods”? Here are some prime examples:
*The miracle element that we should search within our food is Vitamin C
- Crucial for tissue repair, collagen synthesis and acting as antioxidant.
- Examples of vitamin C rich food are capsicum, berries, tomatoes, and broccoli.
*Fiber is also an element worth considering whereby:
- It aids in absorbing nutrients that are healthy for the skin – supporting nutrients such as lutein, lycopene, vitamin C and antioxidants.
- It ensures healthy bowel movements.
- It reduces inflammation.
- Examples of fiber rich foods are capsicum, berries, carrot, broccoli, and spinach.
*Vitamin A is another nutrient that is responsible for beauty whereby:
- It assists with healthy skin production.
- It aids and supports eye health.
- Examples of Vitamin A rich foods are carrots, berries, capsicum, broccoli and avocado.
*Vitamin K is helpful for wound healing:
- Examples of Vitamin K rich foods are capsicum, tomatoes, carrots, avocado and broccoli.
*Biotin (Vitamin B7) is responsible for the growth of hair and nails:
- Examples of Vitamin B7 rich foods are tomatoes and carrots.
*Folate is responsible for healthy cell growth, and it is found in spinach.
*Iron is the famous nutrient also found in spinach, fundamental for oxygen transport in the blood to tissues such as skin, hair, nails… to promote healthy growth and metabolism.
* Healthy fats are the fats that function as skin barrier and are found in avocados and nuts.
*Other foods that are considered as superfoods for beauty:
- Vinegar and fermented foods such as sauerkraut can assist with a healthy gut microbiome. Also it includes acetic acid that is needed for managing blood sugar levels and fighting infections, which leads to a clear and healthy skin look.
- Brazilian nuts include selenium mineral, which is responsible for hair and nail growth.
- Dark chocolate includes iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, selenium and manganese, which make a great mix of antioxidants. They aid in protecting the skin from the sun and preventing UV damage, encouraging new skin growth, repair, hydration and giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Chia seeds are one of the food items that are tiny but mighty for hair and skin health, whereby the omega – 3 found in them prevents hair loss, while the fiber allows to reduce acne scars and provide a radiant glow skin. Furthermore, these seeds have 20% more protein than soybeans.
In closing, these were just a few food items that aid in keeping your natural glow and radiant beauty, so make sure you’re getting them as part of your diet!
Eat Well. Shine Bright. LivGood!