Prep Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time; 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 oz of tempeh
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- optional additions: 1 teaspoon curry powder, juice of one lemon, cayenne pepper, etc.
- Cut the tempeh into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Bring all of the other ingredients to a boil. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Add the tempeh and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Occasionally stir very gently. Be careful not to break the tempeh.
- Serve hot.