For the crust
- 50g raw hazelnuts
- 100g butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp of sugar, divided
- 120g of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
For the crust:
- Heat the oven to 180C. Place the hazelnuts on baking sheet and roast until it starts to turn golden, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel or paper , rub until most of skin is removed. Let cool.
- In food processor, pulse hazelnuts and 2 tbsp of sugar to form fine crumbs. Do not overmix.
- Add sugar, flour, butter.
- Transfer to a 26 cm tart pan , refrigerate for 15 minutes poking it with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
For the caramel:
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water , cook until sugar starts to caramelize then add the butter.
- When the caramel reaches an amber color, remove from heat.
- Add salt then return pan to medium heat , add cream and whisk until smooth slightly thickened with a deep amber color.
For the ganache:
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until hot but not boiling
- Pour cream above chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the caramel into the cold tart shell and refrigerate 1 hour until cool.
- Pour in even layer over caramel and refrigerate about 10 minutes.