Number of Servings: 4
- 500 grs fettuccini pasta
- 500 grs large raw shrimp peeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 1/2 onion ,finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Parsley finely chopped, to garnish
- Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water with 1 Tbsp salt and cook until al-dente. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp and sauce.
- Season shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp paprika. Place a large, non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and cook 2 min per side or just until cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Remove to a separate dish to prevent overcooking. In the same hot pan, add 2 Tbsp butter with finely chopped onion and sauté until soft and golden stirring often.
- Add minced garlic and sauté another minute until fragrant. Stir in 2 cups cream, bring to a light boil then simmer 2 min.
- Sprinkle sauce with 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and stir just until creamy and smooth.
- Let it come just to a simmer without boiling then turn off the heat and season sauce with more salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Stir in the drained pasta and cooked shrimp, tossing until noodles are well coated in sauce.
- Serve in warm pasta bowls with a generous sprinkle of finely chopped parsley, more parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper.