Number of Servings: 10
- 500 g pasta gluten free
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 6 large fresh garlic cloves
- 12-15 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- Green onions
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Sesame oil
- Chili (optional)
- Begin cooking the pasta in boiling water seasoned with 1 tablespoon salt for approximately 5 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, start the sauce.
- For the sauce, cut the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat
- Add three of the garlic cloves, chili and rosemary to the oil
- Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, then add the tomatoes along with their juice and the tomato paste to the flavored oil
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring the tomatoes as they cook.
- Chop the fresh basil leaves into pieces and add it and the green onions to the sauce when cooking is nearly complete.
- Carefully ladle 1 to 1/2 cups of the pasta water 1/4 cup at a time into the sauce
- Transfer the pasta to the sauce pan and continue cooking the pasta for 1-2 more minutes or until the water and oil is absorbed
- Serve the pasta and garnish with more fresh basil and green onions and finish with a drizzle of sesame oil.