Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: None (but it must sit for 1 hour)
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 larg napa or green cabbage leaves
- 1 small carrot
- 1/4 of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Chop napa cabbage into wide strips about 1 inch long.
- Slice carrot thinly.
- Cut the end 1/4 off the lemon so that it is stable to cut. Cut thin slices.
- In a bowl, place the cabbage, carrot, lemon and salt.
- Squeeze the mixture with your hands until very wet. Weigh down the vegetables with a few plates or plate with a heavy jar on top.
- Eat after one hour or refrigerate for up to 4 days.